1. Zouk Club Malaysia – This award winning clubbing venue is one of Kuala Lumpur’s biggest. There are 7 different rooms that offer 7 completely different experiences, including the Phuture room that caters to a savvy cool crowd, Barsonic for the hard core partiers and the Roof Garden – a lush forest where you can zen out away from the crowds.
- Address: 113 Jalan Ampang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur
- Phone: +60 3-2171 1997
2. Hemingway’s -If you’d prefer something a little smaller but just as much fun, Hemingway’s is for you. Think old school and eclectic decor with dark wood, columns and antiques lining the walls. Hemingway’s is a pretty cool and relaxing place – until the salsa dancers come out… They’ll dance among the patrons and if you’re lucky, give out some dancing lessons!
- Address: No 33, Changkat Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur
- Phone: +60 3-2145 2268
3. Ministry of Sound, Euphoria – Created by the Ministry of Sound London, Euphoria is one of the top party destinations in Malaysia for the best contemporary dance music. It’s the epitome of your crowded, flashing-light club where you can work up a sweat until the early morning.
- Address: Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa, Persiaran Lagoon, Bandar Sunway, 46150 Petaling Jaya., Bandar Sunway
- Phone: +60 3-7495 1786
4. Beach Club Cafe – The Beach Club Cafe remains one of Malaysia’s most famous bars. It’s open air with a beachside vibe in the middle of the city, where things are known to get a little rowdy. While the name suggests it’s a quaint cafe, it is actually a multi level club with several cocktail bars, VIP lounge and alfresco dining. Enjoy the live band and dance away – just don’t break the shark aquarium.
- Address: 97 Jalan P Ramlee, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
- Phone: +60 3-2166 9919
5. Rootz – Rootz makes your feel like Russian royalty, with the decor drawing inspiration from Russian museums and palaces. It’s an opulent setting with large rooms, high ceilings, red carpets, plush sofas, gold cushions and crazy wallpaper of Russian Tsars. It sounds refined but the people here sure know how to party.
- Address: Lot 10 Shopping Centre 50 Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250
- Phone: +60 3-2782 3555
6. Aquasonic – Just outside of Kuala Lumpur lies Aquasonic, which is designed to look like the La Scala Operahouse in Milan, Italy, Aquasonic is a massive club with three different rooms. Choose from the Observatory, Long Lounge and Theatre to be entertained with daily Cirque Nouveau Performances or perhaps magicians, martial artists, opera singers and other crazy and cool performers.
- Address: Sunway Pyramid Shopping Mall, no 3, Jalan PJS 11/15, Bandar Sunway, 46150, Pj Selangor Petaling Jaya
- Phone: +60 3-5611 8252
7. The Roof – Take the elevator up to The Roof’s Stratosphere and you’ll emerge onto an infinity grassed helipad, offering 360 degree views of the the Klang Valley city skyline. But wait, there’s more. The Roof actually offers 5 different areas to choose from, from the designer superclub Play to the classy Malt & Leaf where you can indulge in fine malts and cigars from around the world.
- Address: Sky level, 1 First Avenue, Bandar Utama, Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
- Phone: +60 13 270 3111
Feel free to let us know your own adventures and add to this list in the comments section below.